ALGIX DURA Non Toxic Sustainable Nylon-Like 3D Filaments (375g)
3D Printlife DURA Ultra Durable Nylon-Like 3D Filament (375g)
Algix 3D has chosen 3D Printlife to be the sole manufacturer of their unique and sustainable filaments. We are thrilled to integrate their line of high performance, sustainable materials into our portfolio as we work together to improve sustainability in 3d printing. DURA™ is 100% biodegradable and rivals nylon in terms of it’s strength and flexibility, but it is very permissive for 3d printing. It has improved toughness, elongation, and brittleness compared to conventional PLA and ABS.
DURA™ does not release toxic fumes and does not require a heated bed or heated chamber like ABS. Final parts printed with DURA™ have a very smooth finish where the print layers are nearly invisible. DURA™ has better heat resistance and layer adhesion than PLA and has higher print resolution than ABS. DURA™ filament is made from majority renewable content and is compostable.
DURA™ meets ASTM D6400 standards for biodegradability and maintains a dimensional accuracy better than +/- 0.03mm.
3D Printing Tips
• This filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 175 – 195°C (2.85mm filament usually prints at the higher end of this range)
• If your machine does have a heated build plate, we do advise using it for larger prints set at a temperature of 60°C, and if your machine has a fan, we recommend using it for most prints.
• If prints appear stringy lower temp in 5°C increments until your prints appear satisfactory.
• For more stability and a higher quality print, consider experimenting with infills of 10-35% as well as print speeds of 50-100 mm/s. Reduce layer height to 0.10mm.
• For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
Premium Quality Ultra Durable Filament
Dimensional Accuracy < +/- 0.03mm
Nozzle Temp 175 – 195°C (2.85mm filament usually prints at the higher end of this range)
Every Spool Plants a Tree
Made in the USA
Black, White, Blue, Green, Red, Yellow